Principal Budget Development Guide
The FY23 Budget Guide Table of Contents is outlined below. There are Budget Guide Section Buttons beneath each dropdown that link directly to the referenced pages. To read about a specific section, click on the button like the one below:Budget Guide Section
Table of Contents
Building a Budget With Allocations – All Flexibility Levels
This includes Level 1 allocations that required and locked (unable to be changed), Level 2 allocations that are required and rarely flexible, and Level 3 allocations that are fully flexible.
Level 1 allocations are unable to be changed. This means that even a within program, changes cannot occur. This may be determined by fund source requirements and allowability, such as grants and MOUs, legal requirements, and other core operational considerations.
Level 2 allocations are rarely flexible. Any shift in the allocation will maintain the intended purpose of the original allocation. Principals must demonstrate how they will meet related programmatic requirements.
Level 3 allocations are provided to schools to budget for staff and programming and are fully flexible funds.
- Special Education (Self-Contained)
- Library Programs
- Title I Parental Involvement
- Title II Professional Development
- Pool Programming
- Credit Recovery
- Pool Programming
- Ninth Grade Academy (NGA)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Afterschool Programming
- Early College
- Title I Reading Specialists
- Specialty Payments
- School Office Support
- Student Based Budget (SBB) Weights
- Base Weight
- EL Weight
- SPED Weight
- At Risk Concentration Weight
- EC Weight
- ELC Weight
- SPED Campus Weight
- NPS Total Allocation – Including Admin Premium And Overtime
- At-Risk UPSFF
- Title I Schoolwide
- Stability Funds
- Safety Net Supplement
Building a budget With Discretionary Dollars
This includes requirements and recommendations by program for non-allocated positions and non-personnel.
This includes information that compliments the budgeting process such as the CSP and scheduling guidance as well as the item catalog.
- Flexibility Chart
- FY23 Item Catalog
- School Health Services Program (School Nurses)
- School-Based Health Centers
- Extra Duty Pay And DCPS Employee Stipends
- Substitute Teacher
- Washington Teachers Union (WTU) Contract and Classroom Requirements
- LSAT Recommendation Departure Form